If you have a Foothills Bank Visa® Debit Card, you can enroll in Debit Card Guard, a fraud protection text alert notification service. This service allows customers to receive and respond to *SMS text messages regarding specified debit card transactions.
If you receive a text message about a transaction that you think is fraudulent, you can reply to the text message and your card will immediately be blocked from further criminal activity.
This added layer of security enables fraudulent activity to be identified and stopped immediately which significantly reduces the likelihood that subsequent unauthorized transactions will occur.
- Enrollment will be good for a period of one year. You will be notified prior to expiration of your Guardian account and may text a reply to renew.
- Changing your mobile service provider will require you to re-enroll your mobile device in the Guardian program.
- You may discontinue the receipt of alerts immediately by texting the word STOP in reply to a Guardian Alert.
- You may unsubscribe from this service entirely on the Website - Unsubscribe Here.
- The cell phone or mobile device must have the ability to send and receive text messages and the use of "short codes" must not be blocked.
- Message and data rates may apply.
The alerts are predetermined based on the known fraudulent transaction patterns. Signing up for alerts allows the customer to identify potential fraud early and helps to minimize the impact of fraud on their account.
- Authorizations over $500 - text message will be sent if an approved authorization over $500 occurs.
- Five or more authorizations in 24 hours - text message will be sent if 5 or more approved authorizations take place in a rolling 24 hour time period.
- Card not Present - text message will be sent for all approved key entered authorizations done by internet, phone, etc.
- Declined Authorizations - text message will be sent for all declined authorizations.
- Account Funding Transactions - text message will be sent if an account funding transaction is detected.
EXAMPLE OF ALERT:
GBBK Guardian Alert card 9271 - card # key entered at DTV*DIRECTV HARDWARE for $15.95 - Reply CW5JLDNO if unauthorized. Reply STOP to cancel alerts.
*SMS - Short Message Service is a text messaging service component of phone, web, or mobile communication systems, using standardized communication protocol that allow the exchange of short text messages between fixed line or mobile phone devices.